All members of this International Association and Register of Integrative Colon Therapists and Trainers all share these beliefs:
- As colon hydrotherapists we believe that achieving and maintaining the optimal digestive function is inseparable from emotional and mental health.
- We integrate colon hydrotherapy with other healing modalities in the best interest of our clients and patients, through our referral network of experienced practitioners.
- To be effective, healing must be individualized to the person, taking into consideration their personality, heath status, insights, beliefs, past experiences and circumstances.
- Our role is to remove barriers to healing by empowering our patients and clients to actively participate in their own health management. Therefore we must provide them with the knowledge and skills to meet their physical and emotional needs and actively manage their own health.
- We use the safest equipment and disposables in our treatments and actively maintain high standards of hygiene and safety. ALL OUR THERAPISTS USE DISPOSABLE CLIENT EQUIPMENT. It is our intention to make sure that by 2015 non-disposable specula are completely eliminated from colon hydrotherapy treatments.
- We focus predominantly on health promotion and disease prevention in our practice.
- We believe that continuing professional development is essential to our growth as therapists, and and we undertake a minimum of 30 hours per each subscription year to upgrading our professional qualifications.
If you share these values and you are a bona fide therapist, properly insured and working according to the laws of your country, you are welcome!
Rictat membership application form Word document
Are there any restrictions on joining?
You will be unable to join RICTAT if:
- You do not believe in the value of the integrative approach to colon hydrotherapy, described above.
- You use non-disposable specula and tubing and sterilizing solutions for cleaning them. This is not safe for the clients and for you as a therapist. We promote the use of disposable client equipment, and it is our intention to make sure that by 2015 non-disposable specula are completely eliminated from colon hydrotherapy treatments.
- You are not prepared to undertake a minimum of 30 hours per year to continuing professional development.
- You are practicing without insurance.
- New graduates and those resuming colon therapy practice after a break:
you can obtain insurance through Holistic Insurance Services (www.holisticinsurance.co.uk) on preferential terms as a new RICTAT member.
Please state "New business" in your application form.
- You do not cooperate with other professionals in the field.
- You cannot provide the references required for joining.